Google recently announced that beginning next year it will require Android mobile apps to provide privacy disclosures. These disclosures will live in a new “safety section” in Google Play. The requirements include disclosing:
- What information the app collects and how information is used;
- How the app protects information and if it uses encryption;
- If information is shared and if users have a choice about sharing;
- If users can request data deletion; and
- If the disclosures made in the safety section have been verified by an independent third party.